COVID 19 – a US perspective – by Dr. Faheem Younus, ( Head of Infectious Diseases Clinic, University of Maryland, USA)
We may have to live with C19 for months or years. Don’t deny or panic. Don’t make your life a misery. Let’s learn to live with this reality.
2. You can’t destroy the C19 virus that has penetrated the cell walls, by drinking liters of hot water – you’ll just be going to the bathroom more often.
3. Washing your hands and maintaining a physical distance is your best method of protection.
4. If you do not have a C19 patient at home, there is no need to disinfect your home.
5. Grocery bags / plastic bags, gas stations, shopping carts and ATMs do not cause infection.Wash your hands, live your life as usual.
6. C19 is not a food infection. It is associated with infectious droplets such as flu. There is no demonstrated risk that C19 is transmitted by ordering food.
7. You can lose your sense of smell by using a lot of anti-allergies and viral infections. These are only non-specific symptoms of C19.
8. Once you get home, you don’t need to change clothes immediately and take a shower!
Cleanliness is a virtue but not paranoia!
9. The C19 virus does not fly through the air. This is a respiratory drop infection that requires close contact.
10.The air is clean, you can walk to parks and public places (just keep your physical distance for protection)
11. Just use regular soap against C19, no need for anti-bacterial soap. These are viruses, not bacteria.
12. You don’t have to worry about your food orders. But you can heat everything in the microwave, if you want.
13. The possibility of bringing the C19 home in your shoes is like being struck by lightning twice a day. I’ve worked against viruses for 20 years – drop infections don’t spread like that!
14. You can’t be protected from viruses by consuming vinegar, sugarcane juice and ginger! It’s just for immunity not medicine.
15. Wearing a mask for a long time interferes with your breathing and oxygen levels. Wear it only in crowded places.
16. Wearing gloves is also a bad idea; the virus can accumulate in gloves and is easily transmitted if you touch your face. Better to just wash your hands regularly.
17. Immune system gets very weak by always living in a sterile environment. Even if we are taking immune-boosting supplements / medicines, please regularly leave your house to the park / beach or anywhere else.
*Immunity is increased by EXPOSURE TO PATHOGENS, _not_ by sitting at home and consuming fried/spicy/sweet foods & fizzy drinks.*
Original article:- https://theazb.com/we-will-